1. This campaign is organised and run by Abbott Laboratories Limited (“Abbott”) and is open to FreeStyle system users who reside in the United Kingdom. Healthcare professionals, employees and agents of Abbott Laboratories Limited or any group company, their families, households or anyone professionally connected with this campaign may not enter a story on InTheZone platform.
2. There is no limit to the amount of stories submitted per user.
3. To submit a story, you must:
(a) Use original content - personal stories are powerful and extremely relatable.
(b) Use a visual - you never know whose life you may touch.
(c) Either upload your story directly to the website or if you already have an existing story you would like to share on one of the following channels - Twitter, YouTube, Instagram - you can embed a link of the existing story directly into the story submission section of the InTheZone platform create a story.
(d) Complete the entry form by using a valid email address with true contact details.
4. Submissions must not:
(a) Contain inaccurate, misleading or non-factual information;
(b) Contain photos or stories of those aged under 4 years of age;
(c) Contain photos of those aged under 18 years unless you confirm with your entry that you are the parent or legal guardian and consent on behalf of your child;
(d) Contain language or images that are derogatory, defamatory or disrespectful towards an individual, another company or organisation (including patient advocacy groups or diabetes bodies);
(e) Contain language or images that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or abusive. This includes comments, symbols or slogans that offend on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexuality, or statements that are intended merely to offend;
(f) Contain language, banners, symbols or slogans in a language other than English that cannot be translated or understood, or could be deemed inappropriate or offensive;
(g) Challenge any other entries that might include experiences or opinions that are different to your own;
(h) Contain competitor brand names;
(i) Contain or be considered spam;
(j) Contain comments that could encourage improper or dangerous behavior;
(k) Contain comments that suggest impropriety of an individual who could reasonably be identified;
(l) Contain comments that identify a third party individual;
(m) Contain threatening language against another individual; or
(n) Contain images or comments that depict or explain product usage outside of the current, approved indications.
5. Users will not be compensated for submitting stories, however, for every story that is uploaded Abbott will donate £3 on behalf of the user to a diabetes charity.
6. Abbott is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, illegible, late, mutilated or altered submissions.
7. Abbott reserves the right to delay the timing of notification or publication of the stories.
8. You agree that by posting content on the InTheZone platform, you grant Abbott a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit and display and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods now known or later developed, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
9. By submitting content, you represent and warrant to Abbott that you are the sole owner of the content and that Abbott’s use of the content will not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright rights; and that you will defend and hold Abbott harmless from any and all claims arising therefrom.
10. By submitting content, you waive any right to inspect or approve of such uses and agree to hold harmless Abbott and all others identified above from any and all claims you, your heirs, executors or assigns may at any time have against Abbott on account of the granting of the license or arising out of Abbott’s use of the content.
11. To enrich user experience and benefit of the ITZ platform, Abbott reserves the right to assign additional tags to the stories on the ITZ platform or to re-assign or replace the tags from the users’ testimonials with new tags to expand tag choices and to reflect users key areas of current and future interest.
12. By submitting a story, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions may at Abbott’s discretion, acting reasonably, be deemed invalid and disqualified.
13. Abbott reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the campaign where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. This campaign is governed by the laws of England and Wales and users submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
16. The promotor of this campaign is Abbott Laboratories Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 329102 and registered office address at Abbott House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4XE.